Ending the Tidal Wave of Discrimination -
Not Just Another Advocacy Group.
- Assisted in advocacy efforts and joined other families in Washington D.C. to support the passage of the Helping Families in Mental Health Crisis Act.
- Co-authored and advocated successfully for Arizona’s Resolution, SCR1005, Recognizing the Rights of Family Members, Caregivers and Guardians of Individuals with a Serious Mental Illness which passed the AZ Senate and House with unanimous consent (2016).
- Served on former Gilbert, AZ Mayor John Lewis's Behavioral Health & Substance Use Task Force. As a member of this task force, we assisted in developing and implementing Crisis Care Team training for faith groups.
- Assisted in the development of the East Valley Behavioral Health Coalition, currently serve as Chair.
- Have been mentioned in numerous publications for our support and advocacy of the seriously mentally ill. In addition to being written about we have spoken at numerous conferences and government functions to educate people on the problems in the system that lead to people with serious mental illness (SMI) not receiving the care they need.
- Presented a family perspective at the ALEC National Conference, December 2017 in the HHS task force in support of adopting the Family Member, Caregiver, & Guardian Bill of Rights as model legislation. The Resolution was adopted with flying colors.
- A founding member of the Association for the Chronically Mentally Ill (ACMI) in Arizona. We are working on innovative housing solutions for those most in need.